One thing that most people struggle with is getting a healthy and filling breakfast, but it doesn’t need to be so hard. Breakfast is one of the most important meals because it gives you energy for the day, stops you from nibbling on sugary snacks mid morning and feeds your muscles for the day’s workout. The thing is, you don’t have to sacrifice the foods you love when it comes to eating healthily and that is certainly the case when it comes to breakfast, so here’s one of our favourite recipes to spice up your mornings….
1 Teaspoon of coconut oil
1/2 Onion, diced
1 Pepper, diced
1 Medium tomato, diced
1 Cup of spinach
120g Ham, cooked and diced
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Wash and chop the vegetables and set aside
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add the coconut oil when hot.
- Add the pepper, onion, tomato, spinach and ham to the pan and allow to cook.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and beat well
- Pour the beaten eggs into the frying pan. When the egg has partially set, scrape the edges and tip the pan so that the uncooked egg at the top of the pan can cook.
- Flip the omelette using a spatula and cook for 1-2 minutes longer until the eggs are cooked.