There’s no doubt that at some point during your fitness journey you’ve become a bit bored with eating the same sort of meals day in and day out, it happens to everyone. But that’s the sacrifice you have to take, consistency is key to weight loss and toning. However, that’s not to say that once you’re more on top of your nutrition you can’t experiment a little, your journey should be fun and food is a major part of it.
So we thought we’d give you a little hand and update you with clean, nutritious meals that will help you stay on track. This week’s meal is tandoori fish bites, you can use any fish, however we like to use salmon because it’s a fantastic source of omega 3 and healthy fats.
You will need:
2 portions of salmon
1/s cup of rice flour
1 1/2 tablespoons of tandoori powder
2 teaspoons of garlic paste
2 teaspoons of ginger paste
juice of 1 lemon
salt & pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1. Cut the salmon into big chunks and dip in the flour until fully covered.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a pan on a medium/high heat.
3. Shallow fry the fish for a few minutes until the flour has turned golden brown on each side.
4. Take the fish out of the pan and leave on some kitchen roll to soak up the oil.
5. Add the tandoori powder, garlic, ginger, lemon, salt and pepper to a bowl and mix until fully combined, then coat each piece of fish in the paste and add back to the pan.
6. Fry the fish until the outside is crispy and serve with salad.